The EFR9174 is a brand new release for 2016 from BorgWarner Turbo Systems. This hybrid turbo uses the lightweight alloy bearing housing derived from Indycar with a 67mm inducer compressor. EFR9174 is intended for applications which will push a turbo to the limit with high boost and critically high turbo shaft speed. This unique turbo was designed specifically by BW engineering to combine the high flowing 91mm compressor with fast spooling 74mm turbine wheel. The use of a 74mm turbine wheel allows for a max turbo speed of 125k RPM vs 116k for the bigger EFR9180.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 67.7mm
- Max Flow Rate: 94 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- The EFR 9174 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG)
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG)
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG)
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (external WG)
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
***** NOTE *****
If You have ANY questions, or concerns or simply just want to verify what you're ordering and feel more comfortable talking to a real person. Give Logan a call at (865)-982-4109 or shoot me a text at (865)-268-9258. We want to make sure that you're satisfied with what you're ordering and make the process as easy and enjoyable as possible.